Exempt: No – Contract Hours: 8 hours per week – must be able to work a flexible schedule Salary: $24 per hour Supervisor: Director of Clinical and Residential Services Settings: Office and community
THE POSITIONThe Chaplain will provide faith-based exploration and support to the clients in Florence Crittenton’s residential programs. The person in this position will provide space for clients in group and individual settings to explore their own faith and spirituality, and support activities that further their spiritual development. The Chaplain/Interfaith Spiritual Coordinator is a contracted position under the supervision of the Director of Clinical and Residential Services.
THE PERSONExperience and Education
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Early Education, Religion, Theology, Education, Human Services, or Social Work;
- Experience working in customer service, client services, human services, or social work;
- Experience in direct ministry and counseling, hospice care, or working in a clinic or hospital;
- Roles as a youth minister or Pastor is a plus.
- Organizational skills;
- Good oral, written, and social communication skills;
- General word processing/data input computer skills;
- Mediation skills;
- Individual counseling skills;
- Knowledge of human behavior;
- Demonstrated ability to apply facility rules, state regulations, funding resources, state licensure rules, policies, practices, and procedures;
- Ability to respect and embrace the unique perspectives and experiences of those with whom you engage;
- Demonstrated ability to work with pregnant young women and young mothers, respecting their rights to make decisions for themselves and their children;
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory background check, and a health statement are required for all employees at Florence Crittenton.
- Access to training and professional development opportunities;
- Family-friendly work environment;
- Flexible scheduling;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts parents and children.