Family Engagement Program
At the Child Enrichment Center, we believe that family engagement is the key ingredient to creating a nurturing and enriching environment for our little ones. We love seeing your smiling faces during drop-off and pick-up, sharing stories and anecdotes about your child’s day, and witnessing your active involvement in our program.
From our fun-filled family events, such as summer celebrations and holiday gatherings, to our informative workshops and family-teacher conferences, we are committed to providing ample opportunities for you to be an active part of your child’s early learning journey. Your enthusiasm and participation make these events truly special and memorable for everyone involved.
Your partnership in fostering a collaborative relationship between home and childcare is truly invaluable. We also recognize that families lead busy, active lives and opportunities to spend time in the center may vary depending on individual family circumstances and children’s needs.
We believe that family involvement is a vital component of our childcare program, and we would love to share some ways families can be actively engaged in their child’s early learning journey.
There are many ways to get involved and support your child’s growth and development:
- Volunteer in the classroom: We love having parents volunteer in the classroom to read a story, help with a craft, or simply spend some time interacting with the children. It’s a great way to get to know your child’s classmates and see firsthand what they’re learning.
- Attend family events: We host a variety of family events throughout the year, including holiday gatherings and summer celebrations. These events are a great opportunity to connect with other families and create lasting memories.
- Participate in informative workshops: We encourage you to participate in information sessions that cover specific topics connected to early childhood. These workshops are hosted by our Family Engagement Coordinator who tailors the sessions from input received from our families.
- Provide feedback and suggestions: We value your input and welcome your feedback and suggestions. Your insights can help us improve our programs and services to better meet the needs of your child and family.
- Share your expertise: If you have a special talent or skill that you would like to share with the children, we would love to have you come in and share it with us. Whether it’s teaching a dance or music class, sharing your cultural traditions, or giving a presentation on your profession, we are always looking for ways to enrich our program.
- Share your culture and traditions: Our childcare center celebrates diversity and welcomes families from all cultural backgrounds. You can be involved by sharing your family’s culture, traditions, and celebrations with us.
- Daily Communication
Our center uses the daily communication software application Brightwheel to keep you informed about your child’s day in our program. This application provides real-time updates on your child’s meals, naps, learning activities, and playtime. You will also be able to see photos and videos of your child throughout the day, giving you a glimpse into their experiences at our center!
We also utilize Brightwheel to send important notifications, messages, and reminders to our families.
Our conferences are an important opportunity for us to discuss your child’s progress, development, and growth during the year.
We understand that early childhood is a crucial time in a child’s life, and we are committed to providing the best possible education and care for your little one. During the conferences, our teachers will share insights into your child’s academic, social, emotional, and physical development. We will discuss your child’s strengths, challenges, and milestones, and review data collected from screenings and assessments on their progress in various areas of early childhood education, such as language development, fine and gross motor skills, social skills, and cognitive skills.
We also highly value your input and perspective as parents. Family-teacher conferences are an opportunity for you to share any concerns, questions, or observations you may have about your child’s experience at school. We believe that effective communication and collaboration between families and teachers are essential in creating a supportive and nurturing learning environment for your child.
Family Resource Center and Supports
Our program’s family resource center offers helpful brochures and pamphlets that cover a wide range of topics connected to early childhood. In addition, information is available for local resources and agencies that offer services to families.
Recognizing the importance of connecting families to other supports our program participates in the MT Connect System. Participation in this program means that we can connect families to services in a quick and seamless process.