Florence Crittenton provides a wide array of parenting classes to the community. All classes are held at Helena College, University of Montana, 1115 N Roberts, Helena, MT 59601. For more information on upcoming class dates or to enroll please call Isabelle Hunt at 406 442 6950 x307 or email [email protected] To apply directly please fill out the form here.
Love & Logic Early Childhood
Love & Logic is a relationship-based, natural consequences approach to parenting. This is a video-based curriculum facilitated by our parenting educator which will provide discussion, tools and tips to try with your own family.
Parenting little ones can be exhausting…until you discover Love and Logic. Take the exhaustion out and put the fun into parenting your little one. If you want help with potty training, temper tantrums, bedtime, whining, time-out, hassle-free mornings and many other everyday challenges then this class is for you!
This class is for parents of children up to age 7 and helps start your child off on the right foot. The tools in Love and Logic for Early Childhood will give you the building blocks you need to create children who grow up to be responsible, successful teens and adults. And as a bonus you will enjoy every stage of your child’s life and look forward to sharing a lifetime of joy with them.
Classes run Thursdays Oct 15 – November 19 at 5.30-7.30pm
Circle of Security®
Circle of Security® Parenting is an attachment-based nurturing approach to understanding children’s needs.. The program is based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened.
Classes run Mondays Sept 28th – November 23rd at 5.30 – 7pm
Loving Your Baby from the Inside Out
A nurturing prenatal baby-focused course, designed to empower and prepare young pregnant mothers for bonding throughout pregnancy, for labor, delivery, and the postpartum period. Women can join this class at anytime during their pregnancy.
Class time: Begins October 5th and ongoing on Mondays from 4-5pm
Nurturing Parenting Classes
Florence Crittenton is delighted to be offering Nurturing Parenting Classes for adults who are in treatment and/or recovery for substance use problems, and who are in a parenting role of any kind. It is also useful for partners of parents with substance use problems and extended family members who are parenting the children of adults with substance use disorders.
What’s so special about the Nurturing Program for Substance Use Treatment and Recovery?
- The recovery journey is so important for parents, this class really digs in to identify triggers and help parents build confidence in their parenting as they start their journey.
- Nurturing Program is a parent education curriculum that utilizes thought/lecture/teaching with emotional processing and hands-on activities
- Parent Education in this program means learning new patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving and practicing these new skills. It means participating in activities & experiences designed to enhance self-awareness, empathy, personal empowerment, self-esteem and self-concept.
- Nurturing Program does not intend to offer answers as much as encourage participants to consider the questions
- Learning happens through integration of perceptions, knowledge, emotional value and consensus from a person’s family, culture and peer group
- It is important that partners of those struggling or recovering from Substance abuse can also attend, the person recovering is not on their own, and there is a perspective from all parents in the group
This unique curriculum is taught by 2 Master Nurturing Parenting trainers, 1 who is also a Licensed Addictions Counselor.
Class runs -Thursdays, September 3rd – November 19 at 3.15 – 4.45pm
Substance Use Group Therapy Sessions
Substance Use Groups are ongoing and are held on Mondays from 1:00 to 2:30 pm and Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 10:30 am
Groups are an open format and are influenced by cognitive behavioral interventions with the hopes of identifying goals and ambitions for clients and how to reach those goals and how continued substance use could impact them reaching those goals.
Groups are open to parents and caregivers of all ages and both mothers and fathers are welcome.
Early Intervention Specialists
Florence Crittenton provides easy access to community service providers in the areas of Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy. We believe in utilizing program supports and interventions as early as possible so as to improve outcomes for children.
Every parent and child entering our programs receives a comprehensive assessment using a variety of evaluation tools. This information helps our clinical team tailor an individual treatment plan to meet each family member’s needs. Our goal is to assist every parent and every child in meeting social emotional and physical determinants of health and wellness.
Florence Crittenton is part of the Partnerships for Home Visiting to offer free family support through home visiting programs. The mission is to provide information, support, skills and encouragement to strengthen families during the crucial early years of life.
Florence Crittenton provides in-home services through two evidence-based home visiting models, Parents As Teachers® and SafeCare. Home visits can serve pregnant women and families with children through age 5. Families work with a home visitor around topics such as bonding and attachment, positive parenting skills, safety, child development, and overall wellness.
- What to expect during pregnancy
- Tools and gear to childproof your home
- Free child-development screenings
- How to cope with tantrums
- Fun games and activities to do at home
- Information on community events and resources for families and kids
- What to do when kids get sick and when to go to the doctor
Visits take place every other week in the most comfortable setting: the family home, Florence Crittenton’s Outreach Center, or other agreed upon location.
For more information on Home Visitation, contact Jen Burckhard at 406.442.6950 or email [email protected]
Receive quarterly updates and learn all about the lives changed by Florence Crittenton in Helena, Montana
901 N Harris St
Helena, MT 59601-3000
Compassion in Action