Hours: 34 – 40 hours per week, must be able to work some evenings
Supervisor: Community Services Director
Settings: Office and family homes
The Parents as Teachers (PAT) mission is to provide the information, support and encouragement parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life. The Florence Crittenton Family Services (FCFS) PAT Parent Educator will utilize the PAT curriculum to provide in-home services for families, pregnancy through kindergarten, by empowering the caregiver with education, tools, skills, support, and experiences to enrich family success. The PAT Parent Educator will host a minimum of 12 PAT group connections over the program year.
Parents as Teachers is an internationally recognized evidence-based home visitation program based on the latest cutting-edge research around brain development. This research indicates the first three years of life are the most critical period for human brain development, and the experiences children are exposed to in those first three years have major impact on their potential success in relationships, education, and even careers throughout their lives. The program consists of 4 components: Personal Home Visits, Group Meetings, Screening, and Resource Networking.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED with 3 years of supervised work experience with young children and/or families; OR
- Bachelor or associate degree in Social Work, with focus in the Human Services field or a related field, preferred;
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be evaluated on an individual basis,
- One year experience working with young children and/or families, preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with individuals and in groups;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries;
- Experience working with families, in group and individual settings;
- Project management experience;
- Team player with leadership skills;
- Work under minimal supervision;
- Knowledge and application of basic to advanced computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint);
- Ability to relate to diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic families participating in program;
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory background check and a health statement are required for all employees at Florence Crittenton Family Services;
- Must provide own vehicle, have a clean driving record, and provide proof of vehicle liability insurance.
- Paid Vacation Time;
- Sick Leave;
- Paid Holidays, including two Floating Holidays;
- Holiday Pay;
- Retirement Plan 403(b) with employer match up to 3%;
- Employer contribution toward health insurance (currently valued at over $4,800 annually);
- $100 stipend for those with other health coverage;
- A free Life Insurance policy, with the option to obtain more;
- Optional Dental and Vision insurance;
- Access to training and professional development opportunities;
- Family-friendly work environment;
- Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts young parents and children.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the APPLY NOW button or Apply on-line at https://www.florencecrittenton.org/employment-application/
Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address the position/shift you are applying for, and reason for applying for this position.
Contact the HR Department at 406-442-6950 x 208 for more information, including a full job description
FC provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, or disability as defined by federal and state law in our relationship with applicants for employment, employees of FC, and the public.