Circle of Security®
At times all parents feel lost or without a clue about what our child might need from us. Imagine what it might feel like if you were able to make sense of what your child was really asking from you. The Circle of Security® Parenting™ program is based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened.
Using the COSP™ model developed by the Circle of Security originators, our trained Facilitators work with parents and care-givers to help them to:
- Understand their child’s emotional world by learning to read emotional needs
- Support their child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
- Enhance the development of their child’s self esteem
- Honor the innate wisdom and desire for their child to be secure
Thursdays: May 5 – June 30th 2022 – 5:30 PM – 7 PM at Helena College
Love & Logic for All Ages
The Love and Logic approach to parenting is built around the science of caring and respectful relationships. An authentic, loving connection between parents and their children forms the foundation of good behavior and healthy decision-making.
Sounds easy enough but never before in history have parents been faced with so many challenges! The Love & Logic approach provides a variety of simple and effective strategies for parenting children from birth to adulthood. Whether you’re embarking for the first time with your new baby or navigating the turbulent teens with your child, our strategies and techniques will help you create calm and loving solutions.
Thursdays – July 7-August 11 from 5:30-7:30pm at Helena College.
Nurturing Parenting Classes
Florence Crittenton is delighted to be offering Nurturing Parenting Classes for adults who are in treatment and/or recovery for substance use problems, and who are in a parenting role of any kind. It is also useful for partners of parents with substance use problems and extended family members who are parenting the children of adults with substance use disorders.
What’s so special about the Nurturing Program for Substance Use Treatment and Recovery?
- The recovery journey is so important for parents, this class really digs in to identify triggers and help parents build confidence in their parenting as they start their journey.
- Nurturing Program is a parent education curriculum that utilizes thought/lecture/teaching with emotional processing and hands-on activities
- Parent Education in this program means learning new patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving and practicing these new skills. It means participating in activities & experiences designed to enhance self-awareness, empathy, personal empowerment, self-esteem and self-concept.
- Nurturing Program does not intend to offer answers as much as encourage participants to consider the questions
- Learning happens through integration of perceptions, knowledge, emotional value and consensus from a person’s family, culture and peer group
- It is important that partners of those struggling or recovering from Substance abuse can also attend, the person recovering is not on their own, and there is a perspective from all parents in the group
Thursdays May 19- August 4 from 3:30 PM – 5 PM at Helena College