- The Grocery Coordinator Volunteer must be 21 years of age and will complete the regular volunteer application;
- Must pass criminal and child protective services background checks;
- Must possess strong attention to detail, be reliable, and be responsible;
- A valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle is required;
- Must have an understanding of meal planning, and be able to create grocery lists;
- Will be on his or her feet for several hours and lift up to 30 pounds.
Commitment: This is an on-going, weekly need. Participants are asked to dedicate 2-3 hours weekly and commit to serving for a minimum of six months. This role could be shared by multiple volunteers. The shopping day must be either Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday each week.
Grocery Coordinator’s responsibilities:
- Verify the shopping list against the inventory of current food items in the home
- Report any differences or concerns about the list or inventory to the Finance Office;
- Notify to the Finance Office when the list has been done to coordinate the method of payment;
- Shop for groceries on the list weekly by adding item to online carts and purchasing directly at the store (Walmart and Costco);
- Bring items back to the home and work with staff to inventory and organize;
- Return receipts to the Finance office with required signatures.
Grocery Coordinator Will Not:
- Solicit donations on behalf of Florence Crittenton without the express permission of the Finance Office.