SHIFTS: Sunday through Tuesday from 11:45 pm to 8:00 am; and 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm on Mondays for weekly Staff Meeting for a total of 27 hours per week.
Are you passionate about helping pregnant and parenting young mothers learn, grow, and thrive to make a better life for themselves and their children in Helena, MT? If so, we want to hear from you. Florence Crittenton (FC) offers a nurturing, positive and highly therapeutic environment that transforms lives of young mothers and their children. We offer competitive benefits, work-life balance, and family-friendly policies. At the heart of all of Florence Crittenton’s programs is the belief that by helping a young parent we are helping their child and enabling a young family to live a positive, healthy, successful life.
Florence Crittenton Family-Centered Aides provide therapeutic supervision to clients, monitor and maintain order in the home and assist clinical staff as needed. Assure adherence to state statutes and rules, COA standards, and federal regulations including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2. Positively represents the organization and promotes Florence Crittenton’s mission to the community.
- Therapeutic supervision of clients and client activities, including recreational activities that support healthy family living and parenting support.
- Models appropriate parenting interactions including promoting attachment and supporting exploration within the child’s appropriate developmental stage.
- If the client is not able to provide adequate supervision/support to their dependent child, the Aides will model appropriate parenting, and provide support to help the client be successful.
- Aides will model healthy family living and activities between the client and their child/ren. It is likely that when a client first enters the program, the parenting support from staff will be greater with the intention that the client will take on more of the direct parenting role as she progresses through the program.
- Actively involved in facilitating therapeutic activities and interventions that help sustain sober, healthy living as designed by the team.
- Facilitates daily structure and routine that supports rehabilitation as outlined by the Clinical Team.
- Actively involved in team decisions and communicates to clients directly as part of the team in a way that supports the client’s recovery journey.
- Access to training and development opportunities
- Family friendly work environment
- Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts young families
- For regular positions after qualifying period: Paid Vacation, Sick leave, and paid Holidays available, as well as Retirement Plan 403(b) with Employer match;
Education, Experience, Attributes and Licensing Requirements
- Work under minimal supervision
- Exercise initiative
- Problem solving skills
- Team player
- Knowledge and skilled application of word processing and proficient computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Experience and Education
Must be at least 18 years of age. The qualifications are typically acquired through a combination of education and experience equivalent to an Associate’s degree in Mental Health or related field; or a high school diploma/GED and 2 years of related job experience working within the field of mental health, substance abuse/addiction and/or parenting support.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply on-line at FLORENCE CRITTENTON’S website: https://www.florencecrittenton.org/employment-application/
Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address your availability, and reason for applying for this position.
FC provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, or disability as defined by federal and state law in our relationship with applicants for employment, employees of FC, and the public.
Post-offer: Must have a satisfactory tuberculosis test and drug and alcohol testing. Must have good driving record and insurability along with a valid driver’s license; satisfactory background check and a health statement are required for all employees at the Florence Crittenton.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Aides to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties associated with this job, the staff must be able to:
- exert up to 30 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body;
- remain in a stationary position (sit, stand, etc.) for extended periods of time;
- Position self (stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, climb, balance etc.) for extended periods of time;
- identify, recognize, react and respond to all emergencies;
- and perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands and/or fingers;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.