Hours: 20-40 hours per week
Supervisor: Early Childhood Lead Teacher, Program Supervisor, and Program Manager
Settings: Preschool 4-5 Classroom
We are looking for a Preschool Teacher Aide to help prepare small children for kindergarten by easing them into organized education. You will help teach them important elements that they will encounter soon after they enter school life. A Preschool Teacher Aide must have a great love and patience for children.
The Teacher Aide should be willing to learn and have fun, and should have the ability to engage with and earn the trust and attention of the children. The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of the child so they can more easily acclimate in the next level of education.
- Assists the Lead and Assistant Teachers with maintaining a consistent daily schedule and routines, supervising up to 16 children (ages 4 to 5) with diverse abilities and backgrounds in a variety of settings, documentation, and in the group and individual instruction of students, as well as engaging in collaborative teaching with other staff, preparing and maintaining classroom activities, arranging classroom environment in accordance with program guidelines and philosophy, and providing family-style dining meal services to all children;
- Maintains a hygienic, developmentally appropriate, inclusive classroom in accordance with Montana Child Care Centers licensing requirements and STARS to Quality;
- Reports incidents involving concerns regarding child’s safety and/or behavior to Lead and Assistant Teachers;
- Responds to and intervenes in crisis and emergency situations and fulfills designated role in emergency situations within the center’s Risk Management-Emergency Preparedness Plan;
- Demonstrates flexibility in schedule and activities throughout the day, cooperation, openness for growth, and willingness to contribute to a team approach;
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all aspects of work with children and other staff;
- Upholds the program philosophy and mission; and
- Ensures a safe, nurturing, educational environment.
Education, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 1 year experience in an early childhood program such as a childcare center, family or group childcare or Head Start; OR
- Child Development Associate credential; OR an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, or related field.
- Ability to provide regular, dependable attendance;
- Understanding of toddler/preschool physical, cognitive and social/emotional development;
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with families;
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with individuals and in groups; strong attention to detail;
- Ability to remain flexible, remain calm, and respond appropriately under high stress situations with children;
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Ability to ask questions and take initiative;
- Work under minimal supervision and exercise problem solving skills.
A satisfactory background check and a health statement are required for all employees at the Florence Crittenton. Certain immunizations or screenings may be required before hire.
- Retention bonuses;
- Retirement Plan 403(b) with employer match up to 3%;
- Employer contribution toward health insurance (currently valued at over $5,100 annually);
- Employer paid Life Insurance policy, with the option to obtain more;
- Affordable Dental and Vision insurance;
- Paid Vacation Time;
- Sick Leave;
- Paid Holidays, including a Floating Holiday;
- Access to training and professional development opportunities;
- Family-friendly work environment;
- Childcare positions at Florence Crittenton are eligible to apply for the Federal loan repayment program.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts parents and children.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the APPLY NOW button
Apply on-line at https://www.florencecrittenton.org/employment-application/
Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address the position you are interested in, and your reason for applying for this position.
Please contact the HR Department at 406-442-6950 x 208 for more information, including a full job description
FC provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, or disability as defined by federal and state law in our relationship with applicants for employment, employees of FC, and the public.