Salary $12.50 per hour
Florence Crittenton Preschool provides licensed, inclusive, high-quality care for children ages 2 to 4. The Early Childhood Chef oversees the food program for the preschool. The chef is responsible for preparing and serving attractive, nutritionally balanced meals for children. This position is responsible for maintaining high standards of quality food production and portion control using standard recipes and appropriate quantities of food needed to meet menu requirements. This person is also responsible for assisting with supervision of the children while they learn kitchen skills; including but not limited to cleaning, sanitizing and preparing meals. In addition to assisting the children during their mealtimes and encouraging and teaching portion control, the Early Childhood Chef encourages the children to try new foods and observe basic nutrition habits. This is a part-time position, 30-33 hours per week.
We are seeking someone who is great with kids, detail-oriented, efficient, self-sufficient, good in the kitchen of course, patient, and compassionate.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of toddler/preschool physical, cognitive and social/emotional development;
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with families;
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with individuals and in groups;
- Ability to remain flexible;
- Ability to remain calm and respond appropriately under high stress situations with staff and children;
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Ability to learn and comprehend information from procedures manuals and other materials;
- Ability to calculate to determine number of meals to be served and to adjust recipes and serving portions
- Ability to ask questions and take initiative; and
- Ability to multi-task; work under minimal supervision; exercise problem solving skills;
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory background checks, and a health statement are required for all employees at Florence Crittenton Home and Services.
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 1-year experience in an early childhood program such as a childcare center, family or group childcare or Head Start; OR
- Child Development Associate credential; ORan Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, or related field.
- Access to paid training and development opportunities;
- Family-friendly work environment;
- Paid Vacation Time;
- Sick Leave;
- Paid Holidays, including a Floating Holiday;
- Holiday Pay;
- 403(b) Retirement with up to 3% Employer match;
- Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts young families.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply on-line at https://www.florencecrittenton.org/employment-application/
Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address your availability, and reason for applying for this position.
Contact the HR Department for further information, including a full job description.