Hours: 40 hours per week. The typical schedule is Sunday thru Thursday or Tuesday thru Saturday, from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm. This position requires flexibility.
Supervisor: Director of Clinical and Residential Services
Settings: Recovery Home and Youth Maternity Home
Florence Crittenton’s residential programs provide comprehensive family-centered services and supports for parents ages 12-30 and their children ages 0-5. The Early Childhood and Parenting Specialist (ECPS) takes the lead in developing individualized treatment plans based on children’s social and emotional well-being, and their physical, behavioral, and educational needs. The ECPS works as a key member of the team to support exceptional early intervention and educational services for children who have a variety of developmental needs in the residential programs (YMH and RH).
This person will lead in the development and implementation of individual educational supports which align with developmentally appropriate practices, trauma informed evidence-based programs and practices, and the Montana Early Learning Standards. The ECPS is responsible for individual and group care, coaching parents in attachment and care processes with their children, assessing individual child needs and evaluating the effectiveness of the interventions offered, scheduling structured playtime, and direct support of parenting skills with moms during day-to-day living activities.
The ECPS serves as a guide to help the parents in our programs navigate being a parent, supervision and support of baby care, monitors parent-child interactions, observes children at their childcare programs to assess and develop goals, consult with the Early Childhood Education Program Manager, conducts intentional/focused classes and activities with moms
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED with 2 years of supervised work experience in an educational environment or family-based setting;
- OR Bachelor or Associates degree in Social Work; Human Services field or related field, preferred (note: equivalent combinations of education and experience will be evaluated on an individual basis);
- Working knowledge of child developmental milestones;
- 2 years direct care experience, preferred;
- Experience working with children ages 0-5;
- Experience working with diverse and at-risk populations, preferred;
- Working knowledge of attachment theory and applicable interventions
- Knowledge and application of word processing and computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel etc.;
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory background check, and a health statement are required for all employees at Florence Crittenton Family Services (FCFS).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The individual must possess the ability to organize work, set priorities, determine resource requirements, develop short and long-term goals and strategies to achieve them, coordinate educational services with related service providers if necessary, monitor progress and evaluate outcomes. The ECPS must also encourage and facilitate cooperation and trust, while fostering commitment and team strengths to achieve the educational goals for children in their care;
- Understanding of infant/toddler/child physical, cognitive, and social/emotional development;
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with individuals and in groups;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task, work under minimal supervision, exercise initiative, and be flexible;
- Ability to develop strong relationships working with young families and at-risk populations;
- Ability to exercise professional judgement and to solve problems effectively and appropriately;
- Ability for function effectively in a stressful work environment consequent to the nature of the business as well as clientele served;
- Ability to attend residential and educational staff meetings and training as directed by Supervisor(s) to ensure program coordination and adequate training experiences
- Paid Vacation Time;
- Sick Leave;
- Paid Holidays, including two Floating Holidays;
- Holiday Pay;
- Retirement Plan 403(b) with employer match up to 3%;
- Employer contribution toward health insurance (currently valued at over $4,800 annually);
- $100 stipend for those with other health coverage;
- A free Life Insurance policy, with the option to obtain more;
- Optional Dental and Vision insurance;
- Access to training and professional development opportunities;
- Family-friendly work environment;
- Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts young parents and children.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the APPLY NOW button or Apply on-line at https://www.florencecrittenton.org/employment-application/
Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address the position/shift you are applying for, and reason for applying for this position.
Contact the HR Department at 406-442-6950 x 208 for more information, including a full job description
FC provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, or disability as defined by federal and state law in our relationship with applicants for employment, employees of FC, and the public.