Hours: Varies/as needed, Monday through Friday
Supervisor: Early Childhood Program Supervisor
Settings: Preschool and/or Child Enrichment Center
Florence Crittenton provides comprehensive services to strengthen families and build a stronger community. We do this through Residential, Outpatient, Community, and Early Childhood programs. We believe all families deserve the chance to reach their potential and pride ourselves on a positive work environment exceptional quality programs.
Do you love infants and toddlers? We are seeking child care substitutes to cover vacation, sick, and training times for our childcare team.
Florence Crittenton is excited to be expanding our early childhood program to include Pre-K! The Preschool (ages 2 to 5) and Child Enrichment Center (age 0 up to age 2) provides licensed, inclusive, high-quality care for children. The staff assists the Lead staff in planning, coordinating, and maintaining services in the child care program, as well as assists in ensuring that daily practices meet State licensing, early learning standards, and other safety and program quality expectations.
Supports staff with daily operations, including but not limited to:
- Aids with the implementation of toddler specific curriculum;
- Ensures daily attendance is recorded;
- Ensuring a safe, nurturing education environment;
- Models positive communication with children;
- Observes lead staff and directly models behavioral interventions for children with challenging behaviors;
- Aids staff in teaching library, table time, and whole/small group instruction of children with lead staff;
- Communicating with parents and caregivers regarding child’s activities, routines and needs;
- Maintaining a clean, age appropriate environment, including updating themes, room décor and maintaining supplies;
- Establish and maintain open communication with parents, coworkers and supervisors;
- Assists with meal prep, preparing classroom materials and activities;
- Maintaining a clean, safe, hygienic educational environment.
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in an early childhood program such as a child care center, family or group child care or Head Start; OR
- Child Development Associate credential, or an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, or related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of infant/toddler physical, cognitive and social/emotional development;
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with families;
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with individuals and in groups; strong attention to detail;
- Ability to remain flexible
- Ability to remain calm and respond appropriately under high stress situations with children
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to ask questions and take initiative
- Ability to multi-task; work under minimal supervision; exercise problem solving skills.
- A satisfactory background check and a health statement are required for all employees at the Florence Crittenton. Certain immunizations or screenings may be required before hire.
- Access to training and professional development opportunities;
- Family-friendly work environment;
- Childcare positions at Florence Crittenton are eligible to apply for the Federal loan repayment program.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts parents and children.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the APPLY NOW button
Apply on-line at https://www.florencecrittenton.org/employment-application/
Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address your availability, and reason for applying for this position.
Contact the HR Department for further information, including a full job description.
FC provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, or disability as defined by federal and state law in our relationship with applicants for employment, employees of FC, and the public.