Hours: Generally, 40 per week
Supervisor: Substance Use Services Clinical Supervisor
Settings: Recovery Home, Youth Maternity Home, Transitional Living Program, and Outpatient.
Are you interested implementing Family-Centered Treatment? Do you have a passion for seeing young families grow and thrive? We have an exciting opportunity for you to become a part of our clinical services for young families! Florence Crittenton is committed to improving life circumstances for families through a family-centered approach to treatment.
The Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC) is a licensed professional who works as a part of a multidisciplinary clinical team, treating young parents and family members in need treatment. The LAC will establish, administer, and direct treatment services with the integration of the team in both outpatient and residential programs utilizing a trauma-responsive, Family-centered model.
Florence Crittenton’s philosophy of care is holistic, relational, client-centered, and inclusive of all members of the family. Many of the interventions focus on social determinants of health and see treatment as inclusive of all factors effecting client success. Specific supports are provided for children of parents with cooccurring disorders.
The primary function of the LAC is to provide substance use intervention and prevention strategies to clients. The LAC also functions as a member of the clinical team and participates in weekly staff meetings (as requested), individual supervision, weekly clinical meetings, and in-services and trainings to ensure high quality program coordination and a therapeutic milieu.
Experience and Education:
- An Associates or a bachelor’s degree in alcohol and drug studies, psychology, counseling, or a related field from an accredited university is required;
- Must be licensed as an Addiction Counselor in Montana;
- Licensed eligible candidates will be considered on a case-by-case basis as there is an LAC on sight that is able to provide supervision for licensure hours.
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience working with children and families either prior or after licensure;
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with culturally diverse young families with children;
- Experience with limited resource populations;
- Experience working with American Indian populations;
- Ability to communicate clearly and positively both verbally and in writing with individuals and in groups;
- Experience with group facilitation;
- Shows compassion for individuals in Recovery;
- Extensive knowledge of and the utilization of Trauma-informed interventions and supports;
- Experience with Billing, coding, and ASAM criteria;
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain and adhere to program licensing guidelines;
- Utilizes evidenced based CD practices;
- Ability to take clinical direction;
- Ability to participate in professional development opportunities as directed;
- Knowledge of most up-to-date Addictions research;
- Comfortable with participation in public speaking;
- Ability to work well on a team;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Leadership skills;
- Work under minimal supervision;
- Exercise initiative;
- Effective problem-solving skills;
- Competency working in computer programs, particularly in electronic records;
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory background check, and a health statement are required for all employees at Florence Crittenton Family Services.
- Retention Bonus 12 months;
- Paid sick, vacation, and holidays;
- Retirement Plan 403(b) with Employer match up to 3%;
- Employer contribution toward health insurance (currently valued at over $4,800 annually), or a stipend for those with other health insurance coverage;
- Low-cost Dental and Vision insurance;
- A free Life insurance policy with the option to obtain more;
- Access to training and development opportunities;
- Family-friendly work environment;
- Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts young women and children.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click APPLY NOW to submit your application materials.
Apply on-line at https://www.florencecrittenton.org/employment-application/
Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address your availability, and reason for applying for this position.
FC provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, or disability as defined by federal and state law in our relationship with applicants for employment, employees of FC, and the public.