Salary: $13.25 – $13.75 per hour, non-exempt
Hours: 20-40 hours per week (Full- and Part-Time options available)
Supervisor: Early Childhood Lead Teacher (ECLT) and Early Childhood Program Manager
Settings: Child Enrichment Center Early Pre-K Classroom (ages 2-4)
We are looking for an Early Pre-K Teacher Aide to help prepare small children the next level of learning by easing them into organized education. You will help teach them important elements that they will encounter soon after they move up to the next classroom. A Teacher Aide must have a great love and patience for children.
The Teacher Aide should be willing to learn and have fun, and should have the ability to engage with and earn the trust and attention of the children. The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of the child so they can more easily acclimate in the next level of education.
- Assists ECLT with the following daily operation requirements:
- Maintaining a consistent daily schedule and routines that ensure all developmental areas are addressed each day,
- Assist with supervising up to 16 children (ages 2 to 4) with diverse abilities and backgrounds in a variety of settings,
- Assists in group and individual instruction of students, as well as engaging in collaborative teaching with other staff focused on social/emotional, resiliency building, behavioral, self-help/Independence, and academic skills,
- Preparing and maintaining classroom activities,
- Supporting goals/strategies within Individualized Family Services Plans (IFSP) and/or Individualized Education Programs (IEP’s) as necessary,
- Arranging classroom environment in accordance with program guidelines and philosophy,
- Providing family-style dining meal services to all children;
- Interacts positively and professionally with up to 16 families;
- Informs parents and caregivers regarding child’s activities, routines, and needs;
- Refers parent and caregivers with questions/concerns regarding child’s development, program requirements/policies, or any other issues not related to child’s daily activities/needs to ECLT/ECAT;
- Maintains a hygienic, developmentally appropriate, inclusive classroom in accordance with Montana Child Care Centers licensing requirements and STARS to Quality;
- Reports incidents involving concerns regarding child’s safety and/or behavior to ECLT/ECAT;
- Responds to and intervenes in crisis and emergency situations and fulfills designated role in emergency situations within the center’s Risk Management-Emergency Preparedness Plan;
- Demonstrates flexibility in schedule and activities throughout the day;
- Demonstrates cooperation, openness for growth and willingness to contribute to a team approach;
- Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with colleagues, supervisors, and students;
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all aspects of work with children and other staff;
- Upholds the program philosophy and mission;
- Ensures a safe, nurturing educational environment.
Education, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year experience in an early childhood program such as a childcare center, family or group childcare or Head Start is preferred;
- Ability to provide regular, dependable attendance;
- Understanding of toddler/preschool physical, cognitive and social/emotional development;
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with families;
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with individuals and in groups; strong attention to detail;
- Ability to remain flexible, remain calm, and respond appropriately under high stress situations with children;
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Ability to ask questions and take initiative;
- Work under minimal supervision and exercise problem solving skills.
A satisfactory background check and a health statement are required for all employees at Florence Crittenton. Certain immunizations or screenings may be required before hire.
- Paid Time Off (PTO);
- Paid Holidays, including two Floating Holidays;
- Holiday Pay;
- Retirement Plan 403(b) with employer match up to 4% (longevity increases this match);
- Employer contribution toward health insurance (currently valued at over $5,200 annually), OR a $100/month stipend for those with other health coverage (full-time benefit);
- Optional Dental and Vision insurance (full-time benefit);
- A free Life Insurance policy, with the option to obtain more (full-time benefit);
- Access to training and professional development opportunities;
- Family-friendly work environment;
- Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts young parents and children.
- Childcare positions at Florence Crittenton are eligible to apply for the Federal loan repayment program.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the APPLY NOW button to complete an application and to upload materials.
Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address your reason for applying for this position.
Contact the HR Department at 406-442-6950 x 208 for more information, including a full job description.
Florence Crittenton (FC) provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, or disability as defined by federal and state law in our relationship with applicants for employment, employees of FC, and the public.