Salary: $17.00 – $19.00 DOE, nonexempt
Hours: 10:30 am – 7:30 am Thursday plus 10:00 pm – 10:00 am Friday and Saturday. (33 hours per week)
Setting: Residential Youth Maternity Home
Supervised by: Residential Program Manager
Are you passionate about helping pregnant and parenting young mothers learn, grow, and thrive to make a better life for themselves and their children? If so, we want to hear from you. Florence Crittenton offers a nurturing, positive, and highly therapeutic environment that transforms lives of young mothers and their children. We offer competitive benefits, work-life balance, and family-friendly policies. At the heart of all of Florence Crittenton’s programs is the belief that by helping a young parent we are helping their child and enabling a young family to live a positive, healthy, successful life.
Florence Crittenton Rehabilitation Aides provide therapeutic supervision to clients, monitor, and maintain order in the home, and assist clinical staff as needed. RA’s assure adherence to state statutes and rules, COA standards, and federal regulations including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and positively represents the organization and promotes Florence Crittenton’s mission to the community. General duties include, but are not limited to:
- Therapeutic supervision of clients and daily activities, including recreational activities, and parenting support.
- Models appropriate parenting interactions including promoting attachment and supporting exploration within the child’s appropriate developmental stage.
- Facilitates daily structure and routine that supports rehabilitation as outlined by the Clinical Team.
- Completes all required documentation thoroughly and in a timely manner prior to the end of each shift, including Activities of Daily Life (ADL) charts and incident reports.
- Monitor visitors.
- Perform searches for contraband and conduct drug screens.
- Supervise food preparation and completion of client daily tasks.
- Prepare meals and snacks.
- Complete bed checks.
- Assist clients with medications.
- Transport clients to outside activities (appointments as designated and/or recreational activities) in a safe and prudent manner observing all driving laws and FCFS’s policies and maintain driving logs.
- Attend all trainings and meetings as required.
Experience and Education
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalency required, Associates degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience within the fields of mental health, substance abuse/addiction services, attachment, and/parenting support is strongly preferred.
- CPR and CPI certifications are required. If not current, FCFS can provide courses.
- Must have a satisfactory tuberculosis test before first day of work.
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory background checks, and an annual health statement are required for all Residential employees at Florence Crittenton Family Services.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working in residential or group home with individuals with co-occurring disorders, mental health diagnosis, trauma, substance abuse, SED diagnosis, youth care, or recovery is preferred and strongly recommended.
- Willingness to learn and practice family-centered treatment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate boundary setting.
- Possess knowledge and compassion of clients with addiction, trauma, and / or mental health struggles.
- Possess problem solving skills, strong attention to detail, and leadership skills.
- Knowledge and skilled application of word processing and proficient computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to:
- Communicate clearly verbally and in writing with individuals and in groups,
- Show compassion for underserved populations and young families who have experienced adversity,
- Take direction and work adjunctively with therapeutic team,
- Manage multiple projects/tasks and prioritize,
- Work under minimal supervision,
- Exercise initiative, and
- Work as a team player.
- Working knowledge and skilled application of word processing and proficient computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Paid Holidays, including two Floating Holidays.
- Holiday Pay.
- Retirement Plan 403(b) with employer match up to 4% (longevity increases this match).
- Employer contribution toward health insurance (currently valued at over $5,200 annually), OR a $100/month stipend for those with other health coverage (full-time benefit).
- Optional Dental and Vision insurance (full-time benefit).
- A free Life Insurance policy, with the option to obtain more (full-time benefit).
- Access to training and professional development opportunities.
- Family-friendly work environment.
- Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts young parents and children.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY NOW button below to complete the application and upload your materials.
Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address the position/shift you are applying for, and reason for applying for this position.
Please contact the HR Department at 406-442-6950 x 208 for more information, including a full job description.
FC provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, or disability as defined by federal and state law in our relationship with applicants for employment, employees of FC, and the public.