CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
HOURS OF OPERATION: Standard 8:00 to 6:00 Monday through Thursday, 9 to 4 Friday with flexibility for providing weekend and evening support
Florence Crittenton provides innovative, comprehensive services and nurturing programs that engage and empower children, young adults and young families to thrive and build productive lives.
As a team, we are committed to the following values:
- Respect and Compassion–We believe that all families matter and believe each individual to be worthy, valuable and important.
- Resiliency – We believe a person’s future is not defined by their past, and that families are able to heal and live healthy successful lives.
- Courageous Innovation – Florence Crittenton was founded on innovation and the courage to support people in the most difficult circumstances. Our approach is based on our historical knowledge and built on innovative approaches to serving families.
- Stewardship – We believe in responsible, efficient, and effective delivery of services.
- Transformation – When families thrive, communities experience infinite possibilities
The Licensed Addictions Counselor (LAC) is a licensed professional and works as a part of a multidisciplinary team supporting young parents and family members in need treatment. The LAC will establish, administer and direct treatment services with the integration of the team in both outpatient and residential programs serving a Family Centered model. Florence Crittenton’s philosophy of care is holistic, relational, client centered and inclusive of all members of the family. Many of the interventions focus on social determinants of health and see treatment as inclusive of all factors effecting client success. Specific supports are provided for children of parents.
Florence Crittenton provides services and support to young parents through innovative and best practices.
Overview of Clientele:
Pregnant and/or parenting young women ages 16 to 24
Partners of pregnant and parenting young women
Family members – as identified by client
Children of parents
Services are delivered in Helena but clients may come from all of Montana.
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Outpatient Substance Use Disorder therapy
- Parenting support and education
- Parenting classes including Love and Logic and Circle of Security
- Trauma and gender responsive interventions
- First Five children’s services including 0 to 5 trauma responsive, inclusive childcare and early interventions such as Home Visiting
Minimum Education and Experience:
An Associates or Bachelor’s degree in alcohol and drug studies, psychology, counseling or a related field from an accredited university is required. Must be licensed as an Addiction Counselor in Montana. Must have a minimum of two years’ experience working with children and families either prior to or after licensure. Dual license LCPC or LCSW is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties associated with this job, the staff must be able to:
- exert up to 30 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body;
- remain in a stationary position (sit, stand, etc.) for extended periods of time;
- Position self (stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, climb, balance etc.) for extended periods of time;
- identify, recognize, react and respond to all emergencies;
- and perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands and/or fingers;
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Certain immunizations or screenings may be required before hire.
Access to training and development opportunities;
Family friendly work environment;
Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts young families.
After qualifying period: Retirement Plan 403(b); health insurance; and paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply on-line at http://www.florencecrittenton.org/content/category/career/
Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address your availability, and reason for applying for this position.