Hourly Wage: $11.20 – $13.70 (depending on shift/days worked)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Usual Shift: Part-time (Thurs – Sat; swing shift – 3:00p – 11:30p)
Special Information: All staff participate in rotating on-call relief, on a limited basis, which may provide more work hours; and also weekly staff meetings on Tuesdays of 1 – 2 hours.
Are you passionate about supporting pregnant and parenting young girls/women to learn, grow, and thrive to make a better life for themselves and their children? Can you model great parenting skills and be a positive role model to our residents and co-workers. If so we’d like to hear from you!
Based in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Helena, MT, Florence Crittenton’s Intensive Level Residential Maternity Program offers a nurturing, positive and highly therapeutic environment that transforms lives for adolescent girls and their children. We offer competitive benefits, work-life balance, and family-friendly policies. At the heart of all of Florence Crittenton’s programs is the belief that by helping a young parent we are helping their child and enabling a young family to live a positive, healthy, successful life.
Direct Care Shift Supervisors (DCSS) provide care and support to all clients and their children at Florence Crittenton Home and Services (FCHS). DCSS are responsible for client safety and general welfare and day to day functions of FCHS in order to support the mission of FCHS and the clients served by the agency. The DCSS is responsible for coordinating the shift, assigning duties to other staff on the shift, and for guaranteeing the overall shift performance. The DCSS trains, coaches, and oversees direct care staff on their designated shift; and performs other duties as assigned. For a complete job description, email email@example.com
- Communicate clearly with individuals and in groups both verbally and in writing
- Attention to detail
- Actively listen, observe and record
- Be able to teach and help others learn through behavior modeling
- Basic understanding of pregnancy, the birthing process, maternal and infant pre and post natal care, child rearing techniques
- Knowledge of infant, child, and adolescent development and human behavior
- General knowledge of community resources
- Ability to take charge, maintain loving discipline, and make decisions under pressure
- Understand the importance of play; be an active planner and participant in outings and recreations.
- Work independently, organizing and accomplishing tasks in a timely manner
- Work cooperatively with other staff members
- Ability to walk, stand and sit, lift up to 30 pounds; repetitive motions of wrists, hands and/or fingers; close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and recognize and respond to emergencies
- Ability to safely drive (valid driver’s license)
- Satisfactory background check and a health statement are required
- Must be 21 years of age at the time of hire.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree or pursuing bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work and related fields is preferred.
- Experience with adolescent and infant/toddler populations is preferred, but not required.
- Must have been employed as Direct Care Staff for a minimum of six months
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Access to training and development opportunities
- Paid Vacations, Holidays and Sick Leave
- Family-friendly work environment
- Satisfaction in knowing your work directly helps adolescent girls and their children
- Hourly wage: $11.20 – $13.70 (depending on shift and days worked)
How To Apply:
Apply on-line at http://www.florencecrittenton.org/content/category/career/
Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address your availability, reason for applying for this position, reason for leaving past 2 position(s).