Closing Date: open until filled
Usual Shift:Monday – Friday (day)
SPECIAL INFORMATION:Full-time, Part-time or Substitutes
The Child Enrichment Center Staff provides high quality care for newborns to two year-olds. The Child Enrichment Center Staff assists the Lead staff and Primary staff in the daily activities of the FCH child care program: following daily practices that meet State licensing and other safety and program quality expectations and is primarily focused on providing high quality child care to infants and toddlers in our care.
Assists in the child care program as outlined above; provides information as necessary to the Lead staff and Director to assist the team to evaluate the effectiveness of the FCH child care program including the identification of program needs; assists in the implementation of new programs and services as needed.
1. Assists Lead and Primary staff to ensure daily child attendance is recorded and provided to appropriate departments, and assists with daily operations including:
a. assist with implementation of an infant/toddler specific curriculum;
b. ensuring a safe, nurturing education environment;
c. communicating with parents and caregivers regarding child’s activities, routines and needs;
d. maintaining a clean, age appropriate environment, including updating themes, room décor and maintaining supplies;
e. establish and maintain open communication with parents, coworkers and supervisors;
2. Demonstrates professional behavior and follow all child care provider and Florence Crittenton policies including but not limited to confidentiality, ethic and child abuse and neglect reporting statutes.
3. Progressively works to learn and understand, enforce and communicate the latest child care practice standards as represented in current professional standards of practice, state and federal law and all contractual stipulations;
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Child Care staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties associated with this job, the staff must be able to:
o exert up to 30 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body;
o remain in a stationary position (sit, stand, etc.) for extended periods of time;
o Position self (stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, climb, balance etc.) for extended periods of time;
o identify, recognize, react and respond to all emergencies;
o and perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands and/or fingers;
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• basic understanding of infant/toddler physical, cognitive and social/emotional development;
• ability to develop positive relationships and work with families;
• ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with individuals and in groups; strong attention to detail;
• ability to multi-task; work under minimal supervision; exercise initiative and problem solving skills.
A valid driver’s license, satisfactory background check and a health statement are required for all employees at the Florence Crittenton Home and Services.
High School Diploma with a minimum of 1 year experience working with young children (preferably ages 0 – 3) including: volunteer, nanny, child care center, family or group child care or Head Start program.
Access to training and development opportunities;
Family friendly work environment;
Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts young women and children.
For regular part-time positions: Retirement Plan 403(b) and paid vacation, sick Leave and holiday pay.
For regular full-time positions: Retirement Plan 403(b); health insurance; and paid vacation, sick leave and holiday pay.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply on-line at http://www.florencecrittenton.org/content/category/career/. Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address your availability, reason for applying for this position, reason for leaving past 2 position(s), and supervisor/reference contacts.