CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SHIFT: Monday – Friday (Day); Relief
Florence Crittenton is excited to be expanding our early childhood program. The First Five Center (2 and 3 year olds) and Child Enrichment Center (age 0 up to age 2) provides licensed, inclusive, high-quality care for children. The staff assists the Lead staff in planning, coordinating, and maintaining services in the child care program: assists in insuring that daily practices meet State licensing, early learning standards, and other safety and program quality expectations.
- Supports staff with daily operations, including but not limited to:
- aids with the implementation of toddler specific curriculum;
- ensures daily attendance is recorded;
- ensuring a safe, nurturing education environment;
- models positive communication with children;
- observes lead staff and directly models behavioral interventions for children with challenging behaviors;
- aids staff in teaching library, table time, and whole/small group instruction of children with lead staff;
- communicating with parents and caregivers regarding child’s activities, routines and needs;
- maintaining a clean, age appropriate environment, including updating themes, room décor and maintaining supplies;
- establish and maintain open communication with parents, coworkers and supervisors;
- assists with preparing classroom materials and activities;
- maintaining a clean, safe, hygienic educational environment
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Required is an:
- understanding of infant/toddler physical, cognitive and social/emotional development;
- ability to develop strong relationships and work with families;
- ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with individuals and in groups; strong attention to detail;
- ability to remain flexible
- ability to remain calm and respond appropriately under high stress situations with children
- ability to work well in a team
- ability to ask questions and take initiative
- ability to multi-task; work under minimal supervision; exercise problem solving skills.
A valid driver’s license, satisfactory background check and a health statement are required for all employees at the Florence Crittenton Home and Services.
Experience and Education
High School Diploma with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in an early childhood program such as a child care center, family or group child care or Head Start; OR Child Development Associate credential; OR an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, or related field.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Child Care staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties associated with this job, the staff must be able to:
- exert up to 30 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body;
- remain in a stationary position (sit, stand, etc.) for extended periods of time;
- Position self (stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, climb, balance etc.) for extended periods of time;
- identify, recognize, react and respond to all emergencies;
- and perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands and/or fingers;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Certain immunizations or screenings may be required before hire.
Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts young families.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply on-line at http://www.florencecrittenton.org/content/category/career/
Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address your availability, and reason for applying for this position.