SALARY: $12.00 – $13.00/hr. (DOE)
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SHIFT: Monday – Friday (Day); 35 – 40 hours (some flexibility is necessary)
Florence Crittenton (FC) is excited to be expanding our early childhood program. The First Five Center provides licensed, inclusive, high-quality care for children ages 2 and 3. The First Five center staff assists the Lead staff in planning, coordinating, and maintaining services in the child care program: assists in insuring that daily practices meet State licensing, early learning standards, and other safety and program quality expectations.
Assists in the child care program as outlined above; provides information as necessary to the Lead staff and Director to assist the team to evaluate the effectiveness of the child care program including the identification of program needs; assists in the implementation of new programs and services.
FOR A COPY OF THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION, YOU MAY CALL (406) 442-6950 x208.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Required is an:
- understanding of infant/toddler physical, cognitive and social/emotional development;
- ability to develop strong relationships and work with families;
- ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with individuals and in groups; strong attention to detail;
- ability to remain flexible
- ability to remain calm and respond appropriately under high stress situations with children
- ability to work well in a team
- ability to ask questions and take initiative
- ability to multi-task; work under minimal supervision; exercise problem solving skills.
A valid driver’s license, satisfactory background check and a health statement are required for all employees at the Florence Crittenton Home and Services.
Experience and Education
High School Diploma with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an early childhood program such as a child care center, family or group child care or Head Start; OR Child Development Associate credential; OR an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, or related field.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Child Care staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties associated with this job, the staff must be able to:
- exert up to 30 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body;
- remain in a stationary position (sit, stand, etc.) for extended periods of time;
- Position self (stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, climb, balance etc.) for extended periods of time;
- identify, recognize, react and respond to all emergencies;
- and perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands and/or fingers;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Certain immunizations or screenings may be required before hire.
Access to training and development opportunities;
Family friendly work environment;
Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts young families.
Retirement Plan 403(b); health insurance; and paid vacation, sick leave and paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply on-line at http://www.florencecrittenton.org/content/category/career/
Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address your availability, and reason for applying for this position.