SALARY: $13 – $14 (DOE)
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
STATUS: Non-Exempt; Full-Time
Are you an Administrative Assistant looking for a rewarding career with an organization that makes a difference in the lives of young families every day? If so, Florence Crittenton Home and Services might be just the place for you. We are looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to complete our team. This is a fast-paced position that provides administrative support to all programs including Human Resources and Executive staff.
The Administrative Assistant will work closely with FCHS program managers and staff as well as provide support to the Directors and HR Manager in areas of scheduling, records management, data entry into systems or spreadsheets, customer service and reception duties, draft written correspondence, and conduct background checks which are just some examples of the job duties of this position.
Strong understanding of administrative assistant concepts and processes, positive attitude, attention to detail, the ability to interpret policy and procedures, to complete projects timely and work independently are essential skills for this role.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with individuals and in groups
- Strong attention to detail
- Project management experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Leadership skills
- Work under minimal supervision
- Exercise initiative
- Problem solving skills
- Team player
- Knowledge and skilled application of word processing and advanced computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory background check and a health statement are required for all employees at Florence Crittenton Home and Services.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in administrative support work.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties associated with this job, the administrative assistant must be able to:
- exert up to 30 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body;
- remain in a stationary position (sit, stand, etc.) for extended periods of time;
- Position self (stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, climb, balance etc.) for extended periods of time;
- identify, recognize, react and respond to all emergencies;
- and perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands and/or fingers;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- $13.00 – 14.00/ hour DOE
- Family friendly work environment
- Satisfaction that the work you do impacts young families
- Payment toward single rate health insurance
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday leave
How to Apply:
Apply on-line at http://www.florencecrittenton.org/content/category/career/. Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address your reason for applying for this position, and reason for leaving past 2 positions.